Saturday 22nd April marks World Earth Day 2023, a global initiative to get people, businesses, and governments to create worldwide momentum for this year’s theme: Invest In Our Planet.
People are encouraged to:
- Push for climate literacy
- Plant trees
- Support sustainable fashion
- Help end plastic pollution
- Attend a clean-up
- Vote for planet Earth
There are so many individuals, brands, and organisations committed to environmental sustainability; we’re delighted to see this global initiative encourage even more people to get involved.
Of course, seeing sustainable fashion as one of the key pledges is particularly important to us here at Adjustus V. Fast fashion is so incredibly damaging to our planet, and yet is a trap our society so easily falls into.
We’ve created lots of content over the years to help encourage shopping consciously and sustainably, for example, tips to create a capsule wardrobe and how to check the sustainability credentials of the brands you purchase from.
Some of the other ways Adjustus V commits to supporting a sustainable fashion future:
- Low environmental impact. Our bags are made from an organic cotton yarn and linen mix, hand-dyed with AZO-free dye, which has a low-environmental impact.
- Reusable. The yarn is woven on a traditional handloom to make an incredibly strong and durable fabric. This creates a bag that can be used again and again and again. The planet will thank you for reusing your bag as much as possible!
- Handmade. The bags are individually made, by hand, no mass-production in sight.
- Small-scale production. Our team in India only produce what’s needed, in small batches, using fabric leftover from other production. We’ve made something beautiful from something that might otherwise have been sent to landfill.
- Fair living wage. The small, family-run factory in Kerala is certified, offering good working conditions, fair living wages and paid holidays. We’re proud to work alongside this supremely talented team.
- Packaging. We use compostable mailing bags, biodegradable paper raffia ribbon, recycled brown paper and unbleached tissue paper to package our orders.
How will you commit to this global movement towards a green revolution this World Earth Day? We’d love to hear what you get up to!