October is Vegetarian Awareness Month, which is a great excuse to fill your eco-friendly reusable shopper bag with a kaleidoscope of colourful fruit and veg.
• Packed with antioxidants and vitamins; fruit, veggies and other plant-based foods provide some of the most essential nutrients your body needs.
• Vegetarian diets have lower levels of saturated fats and cholesterol, and higher fibre.
This is a wonderful time of year to eat seasonally, which is the best way to nourish your body and a great way to look after the planet. Visit your local farmers’ market or farm shop for a delicious selection of home-grown produce.
• Try roasted root veggies – a great healthy lunch option or side dish for dinner.
• Warming soups to give you a boost – vibrant sweet potato, pumpkin or squash.
• Mouth-watering apple and blackberry crumble for a weekend treat.