(Pssst, ladies, forward this Christmas buying guide to the man in your life x)
With just 15 days left until Christmas, we’ve put together a handy buying guide to help you select the perfect environmentally-friendly fashion gift for your loved one this Christmas.
• For the city-break fan and weekend away-er
Our Dara holdall has a classic design and style. Made from an organic cotton and linen mix, this is a unique gift for someone who loves to pack a bag and explore new cities, cultures, and sights.
Available in Ginger Brown, Khaki and Venetian Red, Dara, like all our bags, is handmade on the loom by our talented team in Kerala, India. We’re a small-scale company with no mass-production in sight.
Choose Dara for a truly unique, and eco-friendly, Christmas gift.
• For the yogi and winter-sun lover
Kiren is our ever popular (and versatile) ticking-stripe beach bag.
Ideal for those jetting off to warmer climes this winter, those who love the beach, or who enjoy fitness and yoga.
The generous size of this bag makes it perfect for carrying a yoga mat or all your beach essentials. With padded handles, it’s super strong and comfortable too.
This bag is available in five colours (Midnight blue, Terracotta, Slate grey and Sage green), all in a classic ticking-stripe design loved by so many.
• For the eco-conscious fashionista
Shop beautiful handbags without the guilt of fast, throwaway fashion by choosing eco-conscious brands.
Here’s how we’re helping to create a more sustainable fashion future:
• Our products. Multiple colours available for each bag, all in rich, earthy tones making them classic accessories; matching a variety of outfits, suitable for many occasions. This versatility = more frequent use = better for the environment.
• Organic cotton. Made from an organic cotton and linen mix: the yarn is hand-dyed using AZO-free dye (low-environmental impact) and hung-dried in the Indian sun.
• Reusable. The yarn is woven on a traditional handloom to make an incredibly strong and durable fabric. This creates a bag that can be used again and again and again … the planet will thank you for reusing your bag as much as possible!
• Small-scale production. Our team in India only produce what’s needed, in small batches, using fabric leftover from other production. Essentially, we’ve made something beautiful from something that might otherwise have been discarded.
• Handmade. The bags are individually made, by hand, no mass-production in sight.
• Packaging. We use compostable mailing bags, biodegradable paper raffia ribbon, recycled brown paper and unbleached tissue paper to package our orders.
Find the perfect Christmas gift
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.Petra x